Mobile meeting app replaces paper guides and provides up-to-date information about conference education sessions, workshops and social activities
VANCOUVER, B.C. – September 17, 2013 – QuickMobile and the Canadian Society of Association Executives have partnered on a mobile event app for CSAE 2013 National Conference and Showcase in Winnipeg on September 18-20, 2013. The app, which is available for Apple iOS, Blackberry and Android devices, will make it easier for the more than 500 conference delegates to communicate, network and engage throughout the three-day event. The event app will provide real-time access to schedules, speakers, venues, exhibitors, session handouts, as well as integrated social media and networking solutions for participants to connect and share information. This year’s conference is at the RBC Convention Center in Winnipeg and will include more than 130 exhibitors from across Canada.
Among the app’s features designed to help provide delegates with a more engaging experience are the following:
- Conference schedule with complete session details
- Speaker information and downloadable presentation materials
- Calendar of social events to engage participants beyond educational opportunities and exhibits
- Shuttle schedule for quick and convenient logistics
- Personal scheduling feature to allow delegates to maximize their learning objectives
- What’s On icon provides real-time snapshot of current events and sessions
- Attendee list with in-app messaging to instantly interact with delegates
- Interactive exhibit map and My Exhibitors tool allows delegates to quickly find and save contact information and a brief description of exhibitor products and services
- Handouts feature allows delegates to review and save handouts to personal in-app briefcase
- My Notes allows delegates to take notes and export to email client or share via social media
“We are pleased to be working with QuickMobile on our conference app, and have already had tremendous reception since we announced the app’s availability earlier this summer,” said Gail McHardy, CMP, Director, Conference and Events, CSAE. “Mobile has become a critical technology for our industry, and the app literally puts everything our delegates will need throughout the conference right at their fingertips. It has eliminated much of the paper and printing of programs and materials we normally used, while making it easier to publish changes, promote activities, raise visibility for our sponsors and communicate with our members. We are excited for this year’s app, which will help create an even better event experience for our association members, and our exhibitors and sponsors, including app sponsor, Allstream Centre.”
In addition to developing the app, QuickMobile will also provide on-site service and support throughout the conference in the registration area. The app can be downloaded from CSAE’s website at https://csae2013.quickmobile.mobi or via iTunes App Store.
“CSAE fully understands the value of mobile technology and the positive impact it can provide for conference delegates, sponsors and exhibitors,” said Patrick Payne, Co-Founder and CEO of QuickMobile. “The real-time information, additional exposure, and more engaged attendee create a better overall experience for everyone involved.”
About the Canadian Society of Association Executives
Founded in 1951, the Canadian Society of Association Executives promotes the value of Canada’s not-for-profit sector by reinforcing and advancing the excellence and professionalism of its members through relevant education, advocacy, information and research. Visit www.csae.com. Follow CSAE on Twitter @CSAE, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Designed for today's mobile-savvy attendee, QuickMobile’s mobile app and analytics platform creates meaningful and lasting experiences. QuickMobile helps its customers deliver personalized, productive and fully-integrated events and meetings–across the enterprise and beyond–that captivate and engage attendees. With unparalleled expertise and a commitment to best practices, QuickMobile has helped thousands of high-performance organizations around the world transform their meetings and events. QuickMobile’s head office is located in Vancouver, Canada.