VANCOUVER, B.C. – June 11, 2014 – QuickMobile today released an enhanced analytics platform that will make measuring event success faster and easier. In addition to analyzing overall event performance and ROI, QuickMobile analytics now provide attendee-level granularity that can deliver more accurate and effective insights into individual behavior and enable real-time data-driven decisions. Only QuickMobile’s analytics let you drill past typical data such as the number of downloads or platforms in use to understand individual attendee behavior. Using this platform, event owners can make on-the-fly enhancements to influence behavior and strengthen engagement with individual attendees during the event. With this data, event owners can measure event performance as it happens instead of waiting until post-event to analyze and plan for next year.
“A mobile event app is critical to the planning, execution and experience of our customers’ events,” said Patrick Payne, CEO of QuickMobile. “Currently, event owners use app data to measure the ROI of the technology and event performance after the fact. To ensure event success, it is oftentimes more important to measure what is happening right now. QuickMobile’s analytics can be used to drive the success of today’s event, hour by hour, and also create opportunities for 365-day engagement. This is one more way that QuickMobile helps our customers engage and delight their audiences year round.”
Driving Real-Time Event Success with Data
QuickMobile analytics provides an unprecedented level of detail to drive current and future event success. Below are several examples of how event owners can use the data to make a difference in real-time:
- Develop Brand and Event Advocates: Identify, recognize and reward individual influencers by monitoring social media and in-app collaboration and networking activity;
- Event Logistics: Eliminate session congestion or decrease costs by reassigning a session to a larger (or smaller) room based upon the number of people adding it to their personal schedules;
- In-app Feature Engagement: Ensure important content reaches the most people by moving it to more active areas within the app;
- Gamification: Increase attendee engagement and influence desired behaviors by adapting an in-app game on-the-fly;
- Influence Behavior: Modify promotional tactics to encourage downloads of content or session attendance by tracking in real-time the hourly/daily impact of promotional campaigns.
Payne added, ”Perhaps the biggest question for event planners and owners is ‘Was my event worth it?’ QuickMobile’s analytics provide the deepest, most comprehensive answer to this question. Big data is getting lots of attention in the events and meetings space, and deservedly so as data truly empowers the planners and owners to build more successful events. We take the depth of data even further. We make it more accessible and actionable, empowering event owners to make real-time changes, in addition to measuring ROI, planning changes for future events and using the insights from analytics to create year-round connected event communities.”
Designed for today's mobile-savvy attendee, QuickMobile’s mobile app and analytics platform creates meaningful and lasting experiences. QuickMobile helps its customers deliver personalized, productive and fully-integrated events and meetings–across the enterprise and beyond–that captivate and engage attendees. With unparalleled expertise and a commitment to best practices, QuickMobile has helped thousands of high-performance organizations around the world transform their meetings and events. QuickMobile’s head office is located in Vancouver, Canada.