VANCOUVER, B.C. – March 20, 2014 – Attendees at the 10th annual Pharma Forum on March 23-26, 2014 in Orlando, Fla. will once again have access to a full-featured mobile event app developed by QuickMobile, the recognized global leader in mobile event apps. The app includes two new features: Activity Feed, a user-controlled dynamically generated round-up of the latest app content; and FaceTime, a cloud-based meeting and networking tool from Elite Meetings that is fully integrated into the app. QuickMobile is the exclusive mobile distributor of FaceTime.
Organized by CBI, an Advanstar Company, Pharma Forum 2014 is the largest gathering of meeting planners and professionals in the life sciences industry. CBI partnered with QuickMobile in 2013 and 2014 to develop a mobile event app to facilitate networking, enhance communications, deliver greater value to sponsors and increase attendee engagement with all aspects of the conference.
“The mobile technology was a tremendous success for our attendees and sponsors in 2013, and it wasn’t long after the event ended that we engaged with QuickMobile to plan the 2014 app,” said Logan Fleck, digital marketing manager for CBI. “With more time, we wanted to go even further with the app. We wanted to integrate features that would add more value for all our sponsors while making it easier for our attendees to interact with each other, exhibitors, and sponsors, and also have an even more enjoyable experience. In 2013, we saw a 71 percent app adoption rate with attendees. We fully anticipate that more people will download and use the app this year, and that the new features, including the built-in game, will take engagement to another level.”
The Pharma Forum 2014 app includes the following features:
- FaceTime – integrated appointment scheduler that allows attendees to manage their agenda, schedule one-on-one meetings and connect with attendees
- Activity Feed – User controlled, dynamically generated feed of content from attendees and in-app messages. It consolidates information from several app components into one easily accessible page, keeping attendees informed, connected and in the loop.
- Gamification – Using QR codes and pin numbers, attendees compete head-to-head against each other for prizes. Points are earned in a variety of ways, such as connecting with other attendees, interacting with exhibitors, and performing tasks within the app.
- Social Media Integration – In addition to connecting to Facebook and LinkedIn, attendees can connect their Twitter accounts and live Tweet directly through the mobile app using a custom hashtag.
- Live Polling and Surveys – Attendees can respond to instant polls during presentations and provide immediate feedback through in-app surveys following each session.
“The new innovative features and integrated services will make the mobile event app the center of activity and planning for Pharma Forum attendees,” said Patrick Payne, CEO of QuickMobile. “We value the confidence that CBI has in our technology, and are excited that CBI recognizes the opportunities provided by going mobile, including adding innovative gamification, networking and social tools. Last year, CBI set the tone for how mobile will be used at its events, and in 2014, it has raised the bar.”
In 2013, with a tight development window, QuickMobile delivered an app that featured push notification, real-time content updates, integrated social media and peer-to-peer direct messaging. The app, which replaced a web-based solution, was downloaded by more than 71 percent of attendees who viewed an average of 239 pages within the app over the course of the four-day conference. To download a case study about QuickMobile and Pharma Forum 2013, visit QuickMobile.com.
Designed for today's mobile-savvy attendee, QuickMobile’s mobile app and analytics platform creates meaningful and lasting experiences. QuickMobile helps its customers deliver personalized, productive and fully-integrated events and meetings–across the enterprise and beyond–that captivate and engage attendees. With unparalleled expertise and a commitment to best practices, QuickMobile has helped thousands of high-performance organizations around the world transform their meetings and events. QuickMobile’s head office is located in Vancouver, Canada.