VANCOUVER BC, – January 11, 2018
QuickMobile, the global leader in enterprise mobile meeting and event apps, today declared Melody Pleasure of Peraton as the winner of the First Annual QuickMobile’s “Event Planner of the Year” award. This award provides industry recognition to those who accomplished notable work in the Meetings and Events Industry in the course of 2017.
“We are incredibly excited to announce Melody Pleasure as this year’s Event Planner of the Year!”, said David Smith, CEO of QuickMobile. “It was important for us to recognize meeting and event planners who really stood out in the industry. Melody was nominated by many of her peers for her extraordinary leadership abilities and incredibly successful event in 2017.”
The QuickMobile Event Planner of the Year is a recognition award exclusively for the meetings and events industry. It begins with a nomination process where each candidate’s nomination is received and reviewed by a panel of judges based on the following criteria:
- Strategic Planning – Facilitated planning and development of the firm’s strategic event plan that included a results‐oriented business development plan.
- Business Development – Directed the event planning resulting in achievement of strategic or specific event goals.
- Management – Provided significant contributions to management in areas such as marketing organization and systems, operations, finance, administration, or human resources that positively impacted the event’s strategic goals, bottom line, marketing and business development success.
- Communications – Implemented a successful external or internal public relations/communications program that included effective marketing materials and communications such as direct mail, print or digital newsletter, social networking, press releases, advertising, tradeshows and/or special events that produced tangible benefits.
- Innovation – Introduced a new, innovative event approach which added value to the event or has been recognized in the profession or by clients.
- Education and Training –Implemented an internal professional development program for event attendees or technical staff related to marketing, business development, attendee maintenance or mentorship.
Peraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nation’s most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton employees are based across the U.S. and Canada, and the headquarters are located in Herndon, Virginia.
Designed for today's mobile-savvy attendee, QuickMobile’s mobile app and analytics platform creates meaningful and lasting experiences. QuickMobile helps its customers deliver personalized, productive and fully-integrated events and meetings–across the enterprise and beyond–that captivate and engage attendees. With unparalleled expertise and a commitment to best practices, QuickMobile has helped thousands of high-performance organizations around the world transform their meetings and events. QuickMobile’s head office is located in Vancouver, Canada.