This blog was originally published on Sept. 3, 2014. It has been edited for updates and accuracy.
A few years ago, Ted Schadler, VP & Principal Analyst at Forrester Research, shared a powerful statement:
“This is the biggest technology-driven shift we’ve ever seen.”
When he made this statement, Schadler was referring to the impact of mobile technology on the modern workspace, and modern culture as a whole. Think about it — the biggest technology-driven shift ever. Bigger than the PC, bigger than the email and even bigger than the Walkman. Mobile has inspired more change in the way we live than any other technology ever has.
How Mobile Impacted Meetings & Events
Thanks to the unprecedented growth of mobile devices, event apps hit the mainstream and continue to grow in popularity. At the time this blog was originally written, research showed that more than 60% of event planners had offered a mobile app at one of their events in the previous two years. Today, event apps have not only become the norm at events, but a necessity. The same holds true for enterprise meetings.
Why Your Enterprise Meetings Need Mobile
By now, you’re probably well aware of the growth and impact of mobile technology in general. In fact, chances are you’re likely reading this on a mobile device. Mobile has also had a huge impact on enterprise meetings. If you’re not taking advantage of mobile at your enterprise meetings, it’s time to now!
Consider the multiple benefits a mobile app has on enterprise meetings, including:
- Reduced or eliminated printing costs
- More up-to-date information for attendees
- A mass, one-on-one communication channel
- Better event personalization
- Increased sponsorship revenue and opportunities
How to Utilize Mobile at Enterprise Meetings
Enterprises, especially those running multiple events, have learned what a mobile app can do for enterprise meetings, and are starting to take advantage of these benefits. Here are some of the ways they’re using event apps:
- A wide range of events/meetings, such as sales conferences, corporate retreats, education seminars, incentive trips, leadership off-sites, board meetings and more
- Backend capabilities that let them delegate ownership of apps and their content to wherever it’s needed in the organization
- Adapting what an app can do based on the type of event (for example, turning social media integration off or on)
- Using app analytics to understand where attendees are spending their time, and how engaged they are down to the individual level
- Tapping into app functionality to create year-round mobile communities that extend beyond the meeting and inspire greater organizational collaboration, productivity and loyalty
The time to embrace mobile for enterprise meetings is now. There are endless ways your enterprise can benefit from a mobile meeting app. For a more detailed look on how large enterprises can leverage mobile apps, download our e-book, Going Mobile: A Planner’s Guide to Enterprise Meetings & Events.
What are some ways you’ve adopted mobile at your enterprise meetings? Share with us in the comments section below, or tweet us @QuickMobile!