If you’re not already utilizing mobile at your meetings and events, these stats will have you seriously considering the opportunity that mobile offers. Share them with your team and get started on your mobile event strategy today!
- By 2016 there will be more mobile devices – 8 billion – than people on our planet.
- Over 1.2 billion people access the web from their mobile devices.
- Mobile isn’t just used by millennials, it spans all ages. Over 80% of all generations (silent generation, boomers, generation X and millennials) use mobile to email and browse the web. Usage percentages are also very similar when it comes to downloading apps, playing games and social networking on mobile.
- 88 percent of all U.S. residents age 25 and older use mobile phones.
- The average smartphone user checks their phone 150 times per day.
Don’t fight it, mobile is here to stay, but with trusted meeting and event app providers Lumi and QuickMobile, adopting mobile doesn’t have to be so scary.
Here are a few more resources to get you started:
4 Basic Event App Facts
5 Reasons Event Planners Should Be Using Real-Time Response Technology
The Benefits of Apps for Enterprise
4 Ways to Promote Your Event App
The Art and Science of Mobile Attendee Engagement